Tuesday, September 30, 2008

China Mom-to-be's birthday!!!


Check out this amazing shirt that my Aunt Rhonda sent me today for my birthday!!! Isn’t it great? I must admit that I had an amazing day today. For those of you that remember, last year’s birthday was spent in the hospital extremely sick after my surgery! So, this was a day to be thankful for!!! My sister started my day with a text message and sang Happy Birthday on my voice mailbox at work! My nursing friends Pam, Denise, and Amy had Panera breakfast for me at work and Pam of course made me cry again with her special gifts! She gave me a mug that stated, “Dream a little dream and keep it soaring” with some cider mix and an AIRPLANE stirred in it with a little book about boys and Mom’s. She picked 2 great cards that were very appropriate to our time spent together recently in New Mexico! I then received beautiful flowers at work from my Mom – and they made my afternoon! She also sent an absolutely amazing card with the perfect words on it! She always selects the best cards. When I got home, Chris had a cute birthday cake for me with some great gifts! He is so thoughtful and his first gift was a CD with the song “Far Away” on it. When I heard the song a few weeks ago, I made the comment that it reminded me of Matthew because it talks about being far away and states I miss and love you! So, it’s really special that Chris went on the search and found the CD for me. He even went to the extent of calling a radio station from work one day after the song came on the radio to ask who the artist was so he could get the CD for me! He’s too much!

Chris’s family also sent wonderful things to me that were waiting at home for me to open and that was so fun too! They obviously put great thought into my gifts, and I had such a great time opening everything this year. (As an FYI, I didn’t open any birthday stuff until the end of October when I was discharged from the hospital last year after my surgery J) I got calls from Chris’s entire family, my family, my dear friend Monica, emails from friends – it was just wonderful!
He also gave me the Willow Tree “Our Gift” which is a man and a woman standing together embracing their child. I have always dreamt about having that , and of course I cried when I opened it, but it went right to the fireplace mantle! Chris is just so amazing and thoughtful, and he was so excited to give me those gifts. We then went to dinner, and then headed to Babies R Us to start registering for Matthew!
That is when I started to feel extremely overwhelmed! I walked into the store and realized I had no idea what I was doing there!!!I had no idea how to pick a car seat or a stroller, or bottles or sippies cups!!! Whoa, was that a crazy feeling! We spent over an hour there, but then headed back home for the night. I called my Mom on the way home and said…..”Help!” So, she is now charged with helping me pick out what I need to for an almost 2 year old!!! Also, if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!!!
I am heading to my Mom’s this week-end, so I think I will try this registering thing again with my Mom and sister there!!! We shall see…right now, I know I just had the most amazing day today and I am so thankful for the people in my life that have helped get me through this past year. Who would have ever thought I would now be planning for my son Matthew who will hopefully be in my arms in the next couple of months???? God has answered so many prayers, and I am so thankful for the gifts of life, love, and friendship! I know I will sleep well tonight!!!

No comments: