Sunday, September 14, 2008

Working hard to get the house ready!!!


Wow is all I can say after a very busy week-end tearing into the house again! We spent all day today working in the house, and even though we are physically exhausted, our hearts are so peaceful knowing that we are one step closer to making Matthew's room special for him!!!


Our friends Dan and Heather spent the day with us today helping us. Chris and Dan braved the almost 100 degree day to work in the attic, and I think Chris changed his shirt 5 times since he was sweating so bad. I think they went through 12 bottles of Gatorade and lots of water. Heather I went through the rest of the boxes from the attic and she was so proud of me for throwing things away! I did come across a picture frame that I had bought my Dad for a wedding gift. It was an engraved Silver frame with a Daddy's Little Girl poem on it. When he died, my Mom gave the frame back to me. I was my Dad's oldest girl, and my little sister was also a Daddy's girl. I burst into tears and cried for a while because I just miss him so much. I wish he was here to share in this excitement of his first grandchild. There are so many special things going on right now in our lives and I sure wish we were here....my sister has started her clinical experiences in her third year of medical school and he would be so proud of her. I get mad sometimes that we were all cheated of so many moments with him, but am so thankful for the time I did have with him. I think he'd be really proud of all of us in the family right now....


Heather and I finished up the boxes and then she asked me if I wanted to tackle the closet!!! So, we spent hours going through clothes and organizing! My Mom and sister aren't going to believe the transformation!!!! Heather and Dan worked so hard and we can't thank them enough for their time and help! It was such a fun day spending time together!!!

No comments: