Thursday, September 18, 2008

We have new pictures!!!!

Well, I was at work this afternoon after a very busy morning, and boy was I pleasantly surprised to find an email from our agency with NEW PICTURES of our little Matthew! I can tell you that he loves the color red because that is what he is wearing in his referral picture, and in the new picture that we have. He is certainly becoming a little boy and not a baby! He is now almost 18 months and it looks like he is walking from what we can see in the pictures! We also got updated measurements and I think I will be taking his 18months clothing back! He is 24 pounds and looks like he likes to eat!!!!

Chris and I can already sense how busy we are going to be with him, as he had 2 toys in hand in the first picture and was headed for the toy bins in the second picture! It looks like he is such a happy boy, and we just cannot wait to go get him!!!! His eyes are so big and bright with those brown eyes, and he just looks so curious! I think we can say we will have our work cut out for us keeping up with little Matthew!!!

Wow - what a blessing today to get those pictures! We were hoping some next week after our new friend heads to China, but this is even better!

Now, it's off to laundry and getting ready for the week-end of WORK! Chris and his friend Justin are already up in the attic again now as I write this putting a second coat of paint on the boards. Chris's sister and brother in law are coming tomorrow evening until Saturday and are going to help finish off the attic! I am hoping it gets done so we can get all of those bins up there and empty Matthew's room out so we can get ready to paint!!!

Hope all is well!!! Another day almost down, and hopefully closer to our LOA!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa A : Izabella said...

oh Michelle, I can hear the excitment and wonderment of this experience, hanging on every spec of the pictures, news--observing and gathering all you can from the scraps of information you have. He comes to life for us too. It's so beautiful. He's a blessed little boy! I so look forward to watching you move towards him.

On my blog--one day I was posting--and referred to this journey as a magic carpet ride...I picture you both hands in air, big smiles with your carpet crusin' along at warp speed, and you have not fear of falling off..

I'm so happy for you.

Lisa A--July LID'rs Sister--waiting for Izabella 7.17.07LID

Unknown said...

I'm dying to see those pictures! Can't wait to see his cute face in his red stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa & Chris!
We are SOOOOOOO happy for you guys! I am so glad that GOOD things are coming your way! I pray the Lord keeps 'em coming until your cup runneth over!
You two are going to be FANTASTIC parents!! Matthew is a very lucky boy!

Wendi & Ashlynn