

Here is a little update as to what transpired in Chris and I's world since that phone call Monday morning....
Monday, August 25th.....
As most of my work colleagues would tell you - my emotions and excitement were indescribable since they were all here to share this phone call/day with me. At about 2:30pm I left work in search of something special for Chris - the new Daddy to be. So, I purchased a little blue bib for him that stated "Daddy's boy." In the summary of our little boy, it stated that he like sweet foods best, so I also got Chris a candy bar too! I was waiting in the driveway when he got home from work with a 5X7 picture of our baby printed out - and we just couldn't believe that this was all happening to us!
We called my Mom again when we were together to hear her excitement - and then we just didn't know what to do with ourselves so we grabbed his picture and all of our adoption paperwork and headed out to get some dinner. We could barely eat anything, and then quickly headed to Babies R Us - we needed a baby name book. When we walked in we didn't even know what to do! Was this really happening to us? Were we really going to be parents FINALLY???? Chris pointed at some bedding and I wasn't really paying attention - and when we went back and looked at it we saw it had planes and helicopters on it and said "Flying around the world adventure" - how much more perfect does that sound? We were very proud of each other that we didn't start shopping like crazy, we bought our book and stopped at Target where we bought a pack of photo paper to print more pictures out, then headed home!
We actually had a very long preliminary application to fill out, which was a lot of fun. Lots of questions to answer, but our heart was just full of answers for them, that's for sure. We just couldn't get our little boy's face out of our minds and hearts - in one phone call and glance of a picture, we knew he was OURS!!!!
Disbelief and a lot of thank you prayers were said this evening, more than you can imagine. Sweet dreams little man - we are waiting for you!!!!!
Tuesday, August 26th 2008
- After a sleepless night from all of the excitement, it was off to work for Chris and I. The first thing I did was fax the preliminary application off to Amanda – and then I called her to be sure she got it, and found out it was already submitted to China!!! Yeah, for efficiency!!! Now, we have to wait about one week until we get the preliminary approval! I did ask Amanda if it was safe to start shopping and a nursery and she said it was! Is this really happening to us??? We also had to start getting everything together for a home study update in order to renew our immigration paperwork which was going to expire in December. We didn’t want to chance that one, so we will be back to fingerprints, a visit from the social worker, financial statements, and physicals. We also have to complete a 10 hour online adoption course to be compliant with the new Hague accretidation – lots of things to do!!!
I absolutely could not wait until I could show off my picture of my son to everyone at work!! People asked what his name was and that is when I realized – we don’t have a name for a boy – had to talk about that tonight at dinner!!! I spent a lot of the day chatting with everyone – and I was so blessed to share my excitement with so many wonderful people! Many people here in Hershey have been here traveling the journey with me for the past 10 years, so the emotions and excitement I was able to share today was unforgettable. We also received our very first congratulation cards and a gift today! I am an avid collector of the Willow tree angels and my friend Amy, who has played a big part in Chris and I’s interest in adoption and has been a mentor along the way, gave me the little boy angel who is holding a Hope balloon – another sign that this is all meant to be! I was so overwhelmed with everything and just bursting with joy! We also received a very special card from a dear friend who was also Chris’s nurse many years ago whom I am lucky enough to work alongside now!
Over dinner, Chris and I began our adoption course and learned a lot in those few hours! We spent a lot of time on the phone as well sharing our joy and excitement with those closest to us!!! We laughed about the thought of our precious baby coming into our home! Chris even printed a whole bunch of pictures of him and put them all over the house “wondering what he was going to look like in each room.” Can you tell he’s excited???
Thursday, August 28, 2008
The emotions are running strong – still haven’t gotten any sleep this week, guess we are getting ready for when Matthew comes home with us J One of our friends gave us a very special card today when I was at work, and the mother/son angel. I couldn’t even comprehend that it was for me – I am still in shock of becoming a Mom. Matthew also got his very first Thomas the Train – thank you Pam! We had our list of things to do today and one of them was going to Carlisle and getting our fingerprints redone. What an adventure that was. I left Hershey at 3:40 and went to pick Chris up. Picked Chris up at his workplace at 4:20, and we were detoured due to construction and we went the wrong way on the interstate. We arrived at the UPS store at 5:20pm, and were all ready to get our prints done when Chris realized he forgot his wallet in his truck back at his workplace. We were upset at first, and then realized that we needed to take a deep breath and slow down a little. I got my prints done, and we drove back and stopped at Friendly’s for dinner. We also made a quick stop at Target where took a detour around the baby section just because! We were very good though, and didn’t but anything but some stickers!
At home, we had a lot of things to get done before the week-end. We were going to share our news with Chris’s family – Chris was so nervous and excited about this. We had purchased a little picture frame for his parents and wrapped up Matthew’s picture. Chris had also picked out some little blue feet stickers that we put on the wrapping paper. We then had a lot of laundry to do and pictures to print for his 2 sisters and brother, as well as some packing since we were planning on going to Penn State’s first football game on Saturday! Can’t wait to think about dressing Matthew in some Nittany Lion gear J
We also got a package in the mail today from one of my very best friends. In it was the reference letter she had written for Chris and I in our application for adoption, and she sent it to us. Chris and I both sobbed hysterically for the longest time because it was one of the most amazing things we have ever read. She is more than a friend, and we are now going to experience motherhood together. We have been through so much together through the years, and now we are both “due” around the same time!!!! She also sent Matthew his first blanket sleepers which are so cute and a Walmart gift card which is going to be fun to spend!
We did manage to get to bed before midnight, but once again we couldn’t stop thinking about Matthew and didn’t get much sleep! Every time I look at the clock, I wonder what little Matthew is doing across the world as he starts a new day….
Friday, August 29, 2008
A rainy, dreary Friday was a good description of the weather – but nothing could damper our spirits!!! I think we were both so anxious to get through the day so that we could share the amazing news with Chris’s family! We had a long, foggy drive up Interstate 81. When we got to his parent’s house, the mood was rather sad. Chris’s Dad had just retired today and they had come and picked up his company car, computer, etc. that he had for many years. We waited for all of his siblings to come over, and then Chris announced the addition of Matthew to the Roslevege family! He said – when one door closes, another opens….isn’t that the truth??? When his Mom opened the gift, the expressions on everyone else’s faces were priceless – no one was expecting this amazing surprise. The evening was then spent sharing what we know about Matthew laughing, and enjoying one another! It’s amazing how his personality sounds just like Chris’s!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Monday, August 25th.....
As most of my work colleagues would tell you - my emotions and excitement were indescribable since they were all here to share this phone call/day with me. At about 2:30pm I left work in search of something special for Chris - the new Daddy to be. So, I purchased a little blue bib for him that stated "Daddy's boy." In the summary of our little boy, it stated that he like sweet foods best, so I also got Chris a candy bar too! I was waiting in the driveway when he got home from work with a 5X7 picture of our baby printed out - and we just couldn't believe that this was all happening to us!
We called my Mom again when we were together to hear her excitement - and then we just didn't know what to do with ourselves so we grabbed his picture and all of our adoption paperwork and headed out to get some dinner. We could barely eat anything, and then quickly headed to Babies R Us - we needed a baby name book. When we walked in we didn't even know what to do! Was this really happening to us? Were we really going to be parents FINALLY???? Chris pointed at some bedding and I wasn't really paying attention - and when we went back and looked at it we saw it had planes and helicopters on it and said "Flying around the world adventure" - how much more perfect does that sound? We were very proud of each other that we didn't start shopping like crazy, we bought our book and stopped at Target where we bought a pack of photo paper to print more pictures out, then headed home!
We actually had a very long preliminary application to fill out, which was a lot of fun. Lots of questions to answer, but our heart was just full of answers for them, that's for sure. We just couldn't get our little boy's face out of our minds and hearts - in one phone call and glance of a picture, we knew he was OURS!!!!
Disbelief and a lot of thank you prayers were said this evening, more than you can imagine. Sweet dreams little man - we are waiting for you!!!!!
Tuesday, August 26th 2008
- After a sleepless night from all of the excitement, it was off to work for Chris and I. The first thing I did was fax the preliminary application off to Amanda – and then I called her to be sure she got it, and found out it was already submitted to China!!! Yeah, for efficiency!!! Now, we have to wait about one week until we get the preliminary approval! I did ask Amanda if it was safe to start shopping and a nursery and she said it was! Is this really happening to us??? We also had to start getting everything together for a home study update in order to renew our immigration paperwork which was going to expire in December. We didn’t want to chance that one, so we will be back to fingerprints, a visit from the social worker, financial statements, and physicals. We also have to complete a 10 hour online adoption course to be compliant with the new Hague accretidation – lots of things to do!!!
I absolutely could not wait until I could show off my picture of my son to everyone at work!! People asked what his name was and that is when I realized – we don’t have a name for a boy – had to talk about that tonight at dinner!!! I spent a lot of the day chatting with everyone – and I was so blessed to share my excitement with so many wonderful people! Many people here in Hershey have been here traveling the journey with me for the past 10 years, so the emotions and excitement I was able to share today was unforgettable. We also received our very first congratulation cards and a gift today! I am an avid collector of the Willow tree angels and my friend Amy, who has played a big part in Chris and I’s interest in adoption and has been a mentor along the way, gave me the little boy angel who is holding a Hope balloon – another sign that this is all meant to be! I was so overwhelmed with everything and just bursting with joy! We also received a very special card from a dear friend who was also Chris’s nurse many years ago whom I am lucky enough to work alongside now!
Over dinner, Chris and I began our adoption course and learned a lot in those few hours! We spent a lot of time on the phone as well sharing our joy and excitement with those closest to us!!! We laughed about the thought of our precious baby coming into our home! Chris even printed a whole bunch of pictures of him and put them all over the house “wondering what he was going to look like in each room.” Can you tell he’s excited???
Thursday, August 28, 2008
The emotions are running strong – still haven’t gotten any sleep this week, guess we are getting ready for when Matthew comes home with us J One of our friends gave us a very special card today when I was at work, and the mother/son angel. I couldn’t even comprehend that it was for me – I am still in shock of becoming a Mom. Matthew also got his very first Thomas the Train – thank you Pam! We had our list of things to do today and one of them was going to Carlisle and getting our fingerprints redone. What an adventure that was. I left Hershey at 3:40 and went to pick Chris up. Picked Chris up at his workplace at 4:20, and we were detoured due to construction and we went the wrong way on the interstate. We arrived at the UPS store at 5:20pm, and were all ready to get our prints done when Chris realized he forgot his wallet in his truck back at his workplace. We were upset at first, and then realized that we needed to take a deep breath and slow down a little. I got my prints done, and we drove back and stopped at Friendly’s for dinner. We also made a quick stop at Target where took a detour around the baby section just because! We were very good though, and didn’t but anything but some stickers!
At home, we had a lot of things to get done before the week-end. We were going to share our news with Chris’s family – Chris was so nervous and excited about this. We had purchased a little picture frame for his parents and wrapped up Matthew’s picture. Chris had also picked out some little blue feet stickers that we put on the wrapping paper. We then had a lot of laundry to do and pictures to print for his 2 sisters and brother, as well as some packing since we were planning on going to Penn State’s first football game on Saturday! Can’t wait to think about dressing Matthew in some Nittany Lion gear J
We also got a package in the mail today from one of my very best friends. In it was the reference letter she had written for Chris and I in our application for adoption, and she sent it to us. Chris and I both sobbed hysterically for the longest time because it was one of the most amazing things we have ever read. She is more than a friend, and we are now going to experience motherhood together. We have been through so much together through the years, and now we are both “due” around the same time!!!! She also sent Matthew his first blanket sleepers which are so cute and a Walmart gift card which is going to be fun to spend!
We did manage to get to bed before midnight, but once again we couldn’t stop thinking about Matthew and didn’t get much sleep! Every time I look at the clock, I wonder what little Matthew is doing across the world as he starts a new day….
Friday, August 29, 2008
A rainy, dreary Friday was a good description of the weather – but nothing could damper our spirits!!! I think we were both so anxious to get through the day so that we could share the amazing news with Chris’s family! We had a long, foggy drive up Interstate 81. When we got to his parent’s house, the mood was rather sad. Chris’s Dad had just retired today and they had come and picked up his company car, computer, etc. that he had for many years. We waited for all of his siblings to come over, and then Chris announced the addition of Matthew to the Roslevege family! He said – when one door closes, another opens….isn’t that the truth??? When his Mom opened the gift, the expressions on everyone else’s faces were priceless – no one was expecting this amazing surprise. The evening was then spent sharing what we know about Matthew laughing, and enjoying one another! It’s amazing how his personality sounds just like Chris’s!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Wow – what a week-end! We went to the Penn State game on Saturday, then spent time at Chris’s parents house until Sunday afternoon. We then drove back to Harrisburg, and did make a stop at the mall to do some “window shopping” for Matthew, and boy was it fun! We then made a stop at the craft store because I am going to make a picture from for my Mom to put Matthew’s picture in! It’s her very first grandchild – and I cannot wait for her to come on Friday night!!!! She was the first person I called after Chris of course after we got the call, but I cannot wait to share this with her in person! It feels like forever since I have gotten the news I am going to be a Mom, and I just want Friday to come already so we can have another week-end like this one we had with Chris’s family! There is also a possibility my sister will be able to come for the week-end too from medical school and my brother will be here. Another celebration week-end – I think we are going to have them now for the rest of our lives now that Matthew has come into our life!
Anyway, we got up early today and started tearing into the house. A good friend of ours came over this morning to help Chris get things out of the attic for me to go through – what a mess! We have to “find” Matthew’s room as most of the attic contents are in his room, but it’s definitely a good reason to start cleaning things out. We can’t wait to start on his room, but we need to be able to get to it first. I then went crazy and cleaned the entire downstairs. Friends of ours came over in the evening and gave us the most amazing basket full of gifts for Matthew. Chris and I were in complete disbelief that we were actually opening gifts for a child – it was a great evening! We now have bibs, forks and spoons, sippy cups, handled cups, a basketball net for the tub, a rubber ducky that will detect the temperature in the tub, a laundry basket, and Matthew’s first book! We were so thrilled with everything and it was an amazing surprise.
Now we are off to start the week – let’s pray for that preliminary approval to come this week!!!!
Anyway, we got up early today and started tearing into the house. A good friend of ours came over this morning to help Chris get things out of the attic for me to go through – what a mess! We have to “find” Matthew’s room as most of the attic contents are in his room, but it’s definitely a good reason to start cleaning things out. We can’t wait to start on his room, but we need to be able to get to it first. I then went crazy and cleaned the entire downstairs. Friends of ours came over in the evening and gave us the most amazing basket full of gifts for Matthew. Chris and I were in complete disbelief that we were actually opening gifts for a child – it was a great evening! We now have bibs, forks and spoons, sippy cups, handled cups, a basketball net for the tub, a rubber ducky that will detect the temperature in the tub, a laundry basket, and Matthew’s first book! We were so thrilled with everything and it was an amazing surprise.
Now we are off to start the week – let’s pray for that preliminary approval to come this week!!!!















1 comment:
Can't stand not seeing pictures! I don't like the rule that you can't post them yet! Looking forward to following your journey on your blog--keep posting and preserving every step of the way. You will love to look back and read it all!
Post a Comment