Well, I know that I just posted not even 12 hours ago - but this is just so wonderful. I don't know how to even begin to describe how perfect Matthew is, and how our family has just evolved from 2 to 3....Matthew just now fell asleep, so he is obviously out of his normal 8pm routine, but he was so happy playing that we couldn't bear to not keep it going! He is certainly keeping us VERY busy and he amused much of the front desk staff here with his giggling and running around the lobby! We figured that was a good idea to burn some energy off for bedtime!!!
The jetlag is starting to hit Chris and I pretty bad(Chris much more than me, but I am sure this adrenaline will start wearing off soon....) After we played, Matthew ate great and then it was bath time. He really wasn't sure about that - but was quick to forgive us with a big smile and a hug! His affection is incredible, and what I love is that he has taken to BOTH Chris and I so one of us doesn't feel left out! For that, we are SO thankful!
Matthew even waved at his Mom-Mom on Skype before he went to bed, and he LOVES seeing himself in the mirror! It is so amazing to me that he really seems to understand us and is so trusting. He even takes tissues from us, wipes his nose, and then THROWS them in the trashcan!!!! What in the world???? He must have seen our photo album, as he carries that around all the time! He even had it in McDonald's if you noticed!!! We are so blessed, and are so thankful for this wonderful gift we have been given....no words can describe how full our hearts are.
Well, it's time for showers for Chris and I, getting things packed up for tomorrow's paperwork day, then hopefully off to sleep for a few hours. There is no crib available here at the hotel so we are all sharing the king size bed, which Chris and I are fine with. I think we will both be nervous all night tonight about squishing or rolling on him! I don't think I will sleep that much because I will be looking at my beautiful baby lying next to me!!!!! Wow, this has really happened.....and the best gift God could ever give us has been given to us.....
Thanks for all of your emails and comments everyone - keep them coming, as we LOVE hearing from you!
(SORRY ABOUT TURNING YOUR HEAD SIDEWAYS TO LOOK AT IT, BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!!!)















9 comments:
LOVE it!! I came to comment earlier, but it wouldn't let me leave a message! :( I am soooo happy for all of you- what a beautiful family! So glad everything is going so well!!
Melissa and Chris, My grandson is the cutest little guy ever. I just love his beautiful smile and giggle. He is adorable and I am so happy for you both. Do I really have to wait 3 more weeks!!! I love you, Matthew. Mom Mom
I love you Matthew. Love, Uncle Dave
All I can say is:
Aaaawwwwwww.......
Congrats!!! I am just SO happy for you guys!! Keep the pics & videos coming!!
Wendi & Ashlynn
How amazing!!!!! I am so happy for all of you. He is beautiful. The smiles on all of your faces says it all. Congrats again I can't wait to meet him. Love, Wendy (Doug, Lexi and johnny too)
A second dose of New Family in one day! How you spoil us! thanks for the video. He's walking so well; quite a bit better than Katie Mei. Hope you two do get some sleep. It will get better, but it takes a good four to five days. Tylenol PM or Benedryl works wonders if you need it at 3 am. Blessings, Petrie
Love the video! I played it and my kids in the other room ran in saying, "Hey! Is that Mickey Mouse?" I guess they thought his giggle sounded a bit like Mickey. Ha! :) He really looks perfect. And, sounds like you guys are on cloud 9! Keep posting and do plenty of pictures for those of us desperate to see him!
Kelly R.
Melissa and Chris, I can barely see the pictures through my tears! I am so happy for the 3 of you - what a gorgeous family! Sorry I didn't get to talk with you before you left, but you have certainly been in my prayers each morning and night, and I am so thankful for this blessing you've been given. I will definitely keep watching the blog for more of your adventures!
How awesome! I'm so happy for you guys! God is so good!!! Matthew seems just perfect for you...he does look like Chris!! And I'm thrilled that he has adjusted to both of you!!! I've been praying that your first night as a family is restful!
Post a Comment