Amy, Matthew, and their Daddy's checking things out!
Such a ladies man, he is!!! Two ladies pushing the stroller!
Chinese New Year decorations at the 5 Ram statue park, and Daddy and Matthew outside a Korean garden in the park....
5 Ram Statue in Guangzhou
Well, our last Monday in China.....oh does that sound nice to say???? 4 more nights of sleeping in a REALLY hard bed that makes us feel like we were in a fight the night before....4 more nights of poor Matthew trying to figure his little nighttime routine out for bed. Matthew actually slept all night last night except one wake up at 345am, and that was a first the entire trip!!! And, he is actually taking a nap right now, which we are so happy about! He is not a little guy that likes to miss anything, that is for sure! He is learning so many new things every hour, and it cracks Chris and I up how he imitates us now, and challenges things in different ways! We say bath time now, and in about 2 seconds, his shirt, pants, and diaper are stripped and he is walking in the bathtub ready for his bath shaking the cutest little hiney all around! He gave his Mom-Mom quite a show via Skype last night - we are still laughing about that!
Yesterday, we went to another park with Lucy and saw the 5 Ram Statue which is famous here in Guangzhou. We wandered for a while, and it's so nice to be outside. But, it has gotten EXTREMELY humid here, and you can only tolerate being outside for smaller amounts of time. We are sweating like crazy and Matthew doesn't seem to tolerate the heat the greatest either. His arm seems to really get irritated when we are outside, and he favors it a bit. We then stopped at the leather market, and did a little shopping there. Hello purses, belts, and scarves - wow! I thought Canal St. in New York was interesting! We had lunch after our walk, and then hung out at the hotel yesterday afternoon and did some playing in the playroom. We have met some really nice people who have adopted older little girls and they just adore Matthew. 3 of us families went out for dinner last night together and it was wonderful. The kids were great together, and it was just a lot of fun. I got the opportunity to really talk to one of the other Moms one on one who has done this 3 times now,(adopted from China), and that was a delight. She was very honest and sincere, and made me feel so good about everything.
The exciting part about yesterday was that we received Matthew's passport!!!!! That is just so exciting because we need that to complete the rest of the paperwork and come home! Yeah! Not that we don't like it here, but we are so ready to come home and start our life as a family together and have Matthew meet the rest of the family and friends in Pennsylvania!!!!
So, today was a great day so far. We were at breakfast and one of the families we went to dinner with last night asked if we wanted to go to the Guangzhou Zoo with them, and we were so excited to do something today again! We were going to follow the other family in their van, but they were in a hurry, so Chris and I and Amy and her Dad took Matthew and just caught a cab. Amy's Mama didn't feel well so she stayed back here.
The zoo was nice and the kids really enjoyed it. The smells of the zoo are always rough especially when it's hot and humid - did I say I can't imagine coming here in the dead of summer???? The animals didn't look so healthy, but we got some great pictures and Chris feels as if his trip in China is complete because he finally saw a Panda Bear! He wanted to get in the cage and snuggle with him because he looked so cuddly....said he now met the original Kung Fu Panda! (he's nuts!) He got a great picture of the Panda smiling - too funny! Matthew loved looking at everything and pointing! We would love to know what he was thinking, that's for sure! He is starting to move his mouth more and is trying hard to talk - once he gets started, look out! There are some sounds coming out now, just no words.
Chris and I have just been sitting here thinking about the past 17 days, and the journey we have been on for the past few years waiting to become parents! Who would have ever thought we would actually be here, in China, and have the most precious little delightful boy in the world? We reflected on our first night of parenthood with a sick baby not knowing what to do, and now he is just full of life and so vibrant! His giggle is contagious, he is just so curious and smart, and seems to have bonded with us both very well which we are so thankful for. We also know what to pack in a backpack to survive a day out and about AND keep him happy! Yeah to that! We have watched some families struggle with attachment and behavior issues and we have much to be thankful for in that area too.
We are glad Matthew is napping because we meet Lucy at 3:45pm this afternoon for Matthew's medical exam! They moved it up just in case we can get squeezed into the Consulate tomorrow which would allow us to come home on Thursday night to Philly instead of Friday night! We are praying for that, but are not getting our hopes up yet! But, we are thankful we are getting his medical exam done so we are ready just in case we get the green light for tomorrow. Chris just ran to make some copies of Matthew's passport and get the money ready for medical and for the Consultate. Now, the paperwork stuff starts again :) We are getting good at it now!!!
We hope you all had a great week-end, and that you can enjoy some more pictures of our adventures!!! (and boy is it amazing how much more tired we look now in our pictures compared to our first few days in CHina - yikes!)















8 comments:
Counting down the days - I can't wait to meet him! I know you guys will have treasured memories of your trip to meet Matthew, but I also know that you can't wait to bring him home. I love Chris' picture of the laughing panda - so cute! Enjoy the rest of your trip, and safe travel home.
Whoa. That little man will be getting all of the ladies! That's good that he enjoyed the zoo. All kids love the zoo. The panda is pretty funny too. Love you :]
Hi guys, I finally figured this thing out only took me your whole trip, lol
The 3 of you look so amazing together. I have never seen either of you 2 look so relaxed! I can not think of a more deserving couple than you and Chris. You guys have this glow about you and it is so Wonderful to see. I so can not wait to meet Matthew.
I come home from work everyday and first thing I do is grab Olivia, then her and I get onto your website, she loves to see the pictures of Matthew she gets all excited and tries to say baby.
Les, Tresa and Olivia
So glad that things are continuing to go well! It is wonderful that you are meeting some other families and how nice that you got to have dinner with them!
Awesome news on your medical exam, I'm sure it went well!
That panda picture is a funny one. Love the movie Kung Fu Panda--it's one of my faves. :) Glad you are nearing the end of your journey!
Melissa,
I am so anxious for you to get home. It will be an obnoxious transition with the jet lag (so enjoy your last few nights of night-time sleep), but it will be so nice to be back with your family. Matthew is precious and I can't wait to hear how he does once he's home. Blessings,Petrie
That little guy is so relaxed! I love it. He's a cool cucumber eh? Just 2 or 3 days left and you're headed for home! Praying for 2 my friends.
I'm so happy that everything seems to be smoothing out for you guys.
What a joy to watch Matthew bloom!
Love the panda!
Post a Comment