Hello everyone - we are hoping this is our LAST POST FROM CHINA!!!! We will be leaving this hotel in about 20 hours(9am Friday morning here, and 8pm THursday night at home), arriving in Philadelphia a little after 10pm on Friday night!!!! We had a crazy day yesterday getting a call first thing in the morning from Lucy our guide stating that one of the papers our agency had us notarize was incorrect, so I had to leave Matthew, jump in a cab to the Consulate and get a new one done! Matthew stayed with Daddy, and Daddy did a great job taking him to breakfast and hanging out until I got back. I was gone almost 3 hours and was very frustrated with the second piece of incorrect paperwork given to us by our agency, but what are you going to do at this point? We just want to get our baby home to meet everyone as soon as we can!
The best part of the day was when Matthew saw me come in the door after I was gone all morning. He ran to me, put his arms up, hugged me and kept patting my back! I started to cry but it was the most amazing feeling to me knowing that he knew I was his Mommy and that he missed me so much...priceless!
We then went and had lunch together, and Matthew took a good nap before we played, walked, and had dinner with our friends from Arkansas. Before dinner, we had another call from Lucy telling us to go to the business center to verify our flights from Guangzhou to Beijing because "they often mess them up". We couldn't believe that call after the crazy morning, but we did it and everything seems to be in line for us to fly out tomorrow morning to Beijing, then tomorrow evening to Chicago, then Philadelphia here we come!
We had a nice dessert at the deli, and then it was time for some Skype back home and bedtime which was of course after 10pm again. Little guy just doesn't want to miss anything! We are going to let him keep going today until he gives out because we'd like him to be extra tired and ready to sleep for the 26 hours of travel tomorrow!
This morning, we tried to get some of the famous red couch photos in the White Swan hotel, and Matthew did pretty well! We put his little traditional outfit on, but he was so ready to get his jeans and tee shirt back on when we were all done! Now, we are just packing and getting ready to meet our fellow parents here that have consulate appts this afternoon to do our oath, and get Matthew's visa to come home - YEAH! After 20 days, we can't believe we are actually saying we are packing to come home -Chris and I are extremely punchy and laughing a lot today! Matthew doesn't know what to think with the suitcases coming out again, but we know he will adapt just fine! He has so far, and we can't wait to have the rest of his FAMILY and friends meet him soon!
So, 2:45pm we meet the bus here and go to the consulate, get back and have dinner, and then our shuttle takes us at 9am tomorrow morning to the airport to start our journey. We fly from Guangzhou to Beijing 1145-245p, then leave Beijing at 520p, getting into Chicago at 4:48pm, then into Philly a little after 10pm. Pray for us as we have to get our bags in Beijing, Chicago, AND Philly - they aren't checked all the way this time because of different airlines in Beijing, and customs in Chicago, so I think we will have our hands full with Matthew this time!
Can't wait for the next post from HOME!!!! Thanks for sharing in our journey - and for being a part of the next step with matthew being home. We couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect child for us!















7 comments:
Congratulations. You have finally reached the end of this part of your journey. I hope you have a safe trip to the other side of the world.
Chris and Melissa,
I so cannot wait to meet your precious baby. I cannot believe after all this time it is time for you to come home. I am so happy for you. I will be at THON at 10pm Friday night, but my phone will be on and I am so torn I wish I could be there with you when you get in. But I know the new MomMom will not share anyway. I will be thinking of you all weekend. I will have plenty of pictures from THON, so we will have to share those.
I will pray for a safe trip for you, and I will make sure you have your special angel with you.
Love to you all,
Jamie
Matthew: As I have followed along reading the beautiful, joyful and oh so loving words of your mothers heart on this journey--I can see that you are a magically special little boy. Your spirit is high, and full of laughter and joy and at such a young age you are so brave and so very strong. As you embark on the last leg of your life in China and move onto new beginnings in America with your parents, I know God holds you so close, that He will be with you all your life, and that you will grow to be a strong, focused, caring, compassionate and faithful man. I pray that you know the peace that comes with knowing that--and you know that you are in a family that adores you, that your mommy and daddy have very BIG hearts of gold and will always be there for you.
I wish you a lifetime of love, happiness, laughter and MUCH joy little Matthew and pray for a safe journey to America for you and your family.
Love,
Lisa A
I know you are so excited to come home! I'll be praying that Matthew does well on that long flight.
My heart raced with you as I read about your paperwork scare. I still remember how my heart fluttered when our guide told us that we had a minor problem the day of our consulate appointment. In the end, nothing happened, but we sure did pace a lot...
I imagine that Matthew's welcome when you got back made your heart swell! So sweet!
I look forward to your homecoming post! Maybe sometime this summer I can keep heading north after visiting my family in MD to come to PA and meet you...
I cannot believe you are finally packing!! YIPPEE!!! It will be so exciting to see you guys at home! I'll be praying for smooth flights and a happy little Matthew all the way H O M E!!!
Just wanted to leave a little message to wish you luck on your journey. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures and can't wait to hear about your new adventures in PA. I am so happy for you guys and Matthew seems just perfect. I hope all your travels go well and we will be praying for you. thanks for sharing your trip with us.
love,
doug, wendy, alexis and johnny
(johnny really loved watching the videos of Matthew. He wanted to watch them over and over again.) Can't wait till we can get the two of them together.
I so hope you are all home and rested by now! I think you have set record for the longest journey!!!
I love the red couch photo...I've been waiting for it!
Welcome Home?!
Post a Comment