Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF!




My handsome little guy......oh, I love him so!!!











Have you ever had one of those weeks that you just really wish the week-end was here like NOW??? I am so glad it’s Friday today, and the week-end is nearing itself. Last week-end, Matthew and I spent time at my Mom’s and it was a wonderful visit, but unfortunately Matthew was not feeling that well. We had tons of snuggle time, which my Mom and I both enjoyed, but there is nothing worse then seing your child not feel well. He hadn’t been feeling well Friday, so I picked him up early – but he didn’t get his fever until Saturday morning, and then he kind of went downhill from there. We only had about an hour or 2 the whole week-end of smiles….hence the shortage of pictures from the week-end. Although, I must admit that I do like these ones I was able to take of him. Have I ever mentioned that Matthew loves to run around with no pants? He thinks it’s the funniest thing in the world, and he makes us laugh so hard when he does that. He was hiding in the bathroom from us, and it was quite a sight. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time at my Mom’s though – that’s always fun.

When we got home, we saw how busy Chris was doing house projects while we were gone. He did all the yard work, shampooed carpets, scrubbed floors, did dishes – you name it! It smelled so good when we walked in – there is nothing like the smell of a super clean house! But, it didn’t take long for a certain 3 year old to take over with his toysJ Matthew seemed OK Monday morning for school, so I sent him, but by the afternoon, daycare had called me worried about him just looking sick. So, off to the pediatrician we went and left with the good old virus diagnosis. So, we were happy for no ear infection or strep throat. He perked up at home, but he showed some symptoms Tuesday at preschool. He wouldn’t wear his processor and was lying around. As it turns out, his processor for his implant was malfunctioning so Matthew wasn’t getting the sound he should have OR he could have been getting sounds that were hurting his head, hence the reason for him not wearing his CI AND him acting weird.

Chris and I spent a few hours trouble shooting the equipment with no success, and then we spent until 9:45pm with the on call audiologist for Cochlear and they were trying to fix his processor. We weren’t successful so we had to call back Wed. AM at 9am to reorder new equipment. CHOP had to send info to cochlear, and the equipment was supposed to arrive yesterday which it didn’t. So, poor Matthew has been without sound since Tuesday. And that means he had to miss speech therapy this week which is such a bummer.

All in all, he’s had a tough week, poor little guy. OK, everyone knows that I was super stressed about putting my 3 year old on a bus/van to go to preschool and it has been a challenge for me to let go. (not for Matthew, but for Mommy!) He LOVES running out every morning. Well, yesterday he was supposed to get picked up after preschool and be brought to daycare – and guess what? The van didn’t come, and poor Matthew and one other little boy were left standing there when everyone else was picked up. The teachers had to call and then take Matthew and his little friend inside……….which upset him terribly, no one could tell him why he had to go back in, and I think he thought he was forgotten. When he did get to the daycare, they said he was so upset. I actually left work earlier to go get him just so I could hug him, bring him home, and just love on him. It broke my heart. As much as we are learning sign language and finding great ways to communicate, I SO wish I sometimes explain things to him L We played outside for a long time last night, and he fell asleep in his Daddy’s arms while I was cleaning up after bath time. He wouldn’t let us put him in his bed last night and clung tight to both of us. Breaks our heart, but warms us at the same time because he is so attached to us.

We are looking forward to some time together this week-end. Chris has some homework to do – and I have some “adoption organizing” to do this evening. I need NEW FILES to be sure I am organized this second time around. I think we are still in shock that we are starting this process again, but it’s a good shock. Of course we are always worried about finances…..but we are working hard on a budget, and pray there are no more unexpected things that come up. You know…..like the $6500 new air conditioning/heating system and hot water heater than we have to now replace…..bummer, huh? Oh well, the joys of owning a home.
We received our official contract in the mail and have to get that notarized this week-end with our signatures to send back to our agency. We then have to re-do the 12 hours of required training, then can compile our dossier. In the meantime, I have already planned a trip to the courthouse to order our birth certificates and get another copy of our marriage certificate for next week, I have emailed our PCP to get our physicals scheduled as he is impossible to get in with now that he is part time, and yes, we are getting excited. We know it’s a long process, but this is really so much more exciting the second time around and I think it’s because we look at Matthew and know that the end result of all of the stress of paper-chasing and approvals and financial panicking…………is a miracle child!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end, and that it’s sunny and delightful wherever you are. Enjoy your time with family and friends – and remember, there are never too many hugs to be givenJ

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yes, TGIF!!!!!!

Woo-hooo!!

Sounds like your little one had a rough week...hope he is feeling better soon!

Hugs are a daily requirement at our house!!! And lots of them!!! :)

Kristi said...

Ugh, what a week! And poor, sweet Matthew and the van situation. Bless his little heart for being so out of sorts that night, but what a blessing that he clung to you guys. He knows just where he wants to be!