Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Snapshot [My Amazing Man]

With this Snapshot Sunday, I can’t help but think just how fortunate I am to have such a good husband. I just found this picture on my Mom’s camera this week-end – and it made me smile. I look at Matthew’s smile on his face looking down at Chris, totally trusting his Daddy to catch him. And, I realize that Chris catches me too, on my happiest and my most difficult days….(and I must add that Chris gave up a week-end at my Mom's house hanging out and stayed back and did all of the yardwork, shampooed carpets, and finished crazy things on his to-do list!!!)



Chris and I met at Camp Can Do, an oncology camp for kids, and our life together since then has always been an adventure. He was my handsome sailor in the Navy, and I will admit – I fell for him hard J We got married in a huge snow storm, but boy was it a fun and memorable day filled with so much love and happiness.



Making people laugh is one of Chris’s best features….he LOVES to talk, and have a good time. But, Chris also gives the best hugs in the world…..and has supported me through the sudden death of my Dad, my Mom’s sudden illness, my surgeries for endometriosis, and in everyday life. Having him as my life partner and sharing our faith also has strengthened us so much as we rode the roller coaster after coming home with Matthew and learning of all of the obstacles that we needed to overcome. But, I always trusted Chris to be there for me, and I love waking up near him every morning – sometimes now with a very cute little boy between us.



Watching Chris become a Dad has been the best thing in the entire world. It warms my heart to see and hear the excitement in Matthew’s eyes and voice when he sees his Daddy’s vehicle pull in the driveway, or when we meet at a store and Matthew doesn’t expect to see him there! He sure loves his Daddy – and as you can see in this picture, he trusts his Daddy to keep him safe. The two of them can go from rough housing to snuggled up together on the couch sleeping together – their relationship is so very special.



What I am most excited about right now is getting ready to see Chris become a Daddy to TWO children!!! That’s right – the envelope that Matthew was holding taking to the mailbox was our application for another adoption from the special waiting program in China. We are anxiously awaiting a call from the agency approving us so that we can start our dossier again and get things going. We have never been more ready than now to grow our family, and we know Matthew is going to love having a sibling. We are so excited, and we will have to share our story of how we came to this decision again, but for today – I celebrate my husband, and I thank him for being the courageous, strong-willed, wonderful man that he is!!! I am so lucky to share life with him and Matthew and I can’t WAIT until we are a family of FOUR!

Ni Hao Y'all



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! OMWord!!! Congrats! I know you and Chris are AWESOME parents and God already has another child all picked out for you! Whoever he/she is...they are a LUCKY kid!!!

Unknown said...

congrats! Matthew will have to share his special treats from Mr. bob now.

Anonymous said...

congrats to you all!!! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Chris always made me laugh too! We knew we could always count on you guys and I am so happy for you and your growing family. Good luck in everything....Doug, Wendy, Alexis and Johnathan.

Laurie said...

I was so hoping I was right with my guess! :) Congrats to all of you on what I'm sure will be another awesome journey to parenthood! God bless!

Stefanie said...

How EXCITING!! What blessed news :) And your dude does sound positively amazing :)
Can't wait to hear all about your soon to be newest addition!!

Lisa said...

What an awesome "Snapshot!" And I'm sooooo excited to watch your family grow!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh that makes me so happy to hear! The China WC Program is dear to my heart, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! congratulations! so happy for you all. what a wonderful family, whoever gets chosen for you is the luckiest child in the world! Good luck and God bless!
mary frances

Kim said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Hooray! Neat post and what a cool way to announce big news as well! Looking forward to following your journey every step of the way!
Kelly

Lisa A said...

MELISSA!!!! This is amazing news!!!! I am beyond excited for you...I'm breathless right now..and the biggest smile on my face! I am sooooooo EVERYTHING for you! Wow...sooooo happy! God is soooo good! HUGE Hugs to you, and Chris and big brother to be Matthew--crazy good!

Blessing abound all around in the Roslevege Family!


And...what a sweet surprise to find that adorable photo on your mom's camera. What a slice of time to capture!

Chris said...

How wonderful!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Your husband sounds amazing, and I just love that photo of the two of them!!!

I am going to add you to my blog list....I love watching families grow!!!

We just got back from China with out second daughter a few months ago!!!

I am glad I found your blog through 'Sunday Snapshot'!

Kristi said...

Since I wasn't exactly surprised about the upcoming addition to the family...
I will say though that I love this description of your relationship with Chris. You two are "the real deal" together and I'm so glad that you have one another to experience the roller coaster of life with.