Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: {Remembering with Love}








It was February 14, 2002 and I can remember the day as clear as can be. Never did I imagine in a million years that I would receive a phone call from my Mom at work telling me I needed to come home as Dad had died suddenly at home from a massive heart attack...wow, how life can surely change in an instant....

Those we love, we never lose
For always they will be,
Loved, remembered, treasured
Always in our memory.

Dad - there has not been a day in 9 years we haven't thought of you and missed you more and more. Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love, and the love you had for us as a family is the best gift anyone could ever receive in life...family is forever, and like the quote says, "We don't remember days, we remember moments" and so many moments we all had...love you Dad, and much love to my family whom I love so very much.

Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

Laurie said...

A day to remember with love for sure! What a special relationship you had with your dad! I'm so sorry you lost him so early in life. A bittersweet day for sure. Hugs being sent your way!!

Sophie said...

What a loving tribute to your father,
it sounds like he was a wonderful man.
My father passed two years ago and I miss him terribly but we are very blessed to have experienced the love a father as long as we did.

Kristi said...

Praying for you extra today my friend!

Sharon said...

I know that "missing you every day" feeling all to well. What a day to honor your dad and the inheritance of love he left!

Tina Michelle said...

*hugs* Thanks for sharing him with us.