Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday already???






It's hard to believe it's Wednesday evening already. I feel like the week-end was just finishing up...time sure does fly by. Life's been interesting since my last post, as it always is in our little world :)

Soon after I got to work on Friday, I got a call from Matthew's teacher telling me that he had tossed his cochlear implant sound processor in the toilet, AND tried to flush it but that she reached in at least and saved it from being a permanent part of the plumbing system :) Honestly, all I could do was laugh - what else could you do? Throwing things in the toilet is a 3 year boy thing to do, right? I took it apart into multiple pieces and put them all in a sandwich baggie full of rice hoping and praying for the best :) I then got back in the car to head back to work and a big bright red light lit up in my car, and when I looked up what it meant, it dealt with my brakes. I called my dear husband who couldn't do anything for me at that point because Friday's before holiday week-ends are crazy busy in the snack business - so I made it to the Nissan dealership and sat there for a few hours while the car was fixed........and of course a few hundred dollars later. But, they said I am SO lucky that the problem lit up vs. driving on the highway and our brakes failing - so very thankful for that! Again, what to do but laugh it all off - seriously, it should have been Friday the 13th or a full moon or something like that.

We had a lovely, lazy Friday evening together on the couch and then Matthew and I had Saturday morning shopping and errands to run while Daddy stayed home and stripped and painted our front door. Matthew got his hair cut at his favorite place, and then our so kind neighbors kept Matthew for me so I could actually go get my hair cut, that was nice. Poor Chris struggled with the wind all day affecting his door and he finally called it quits after 8pm! What a long day.

Sunday, we drove for a get together at Chris's parents' house and the weather was SO perfect. Blue skies, cool temperatures, and bright sun....heaven! Yes, I am ready for fall. We got to visit with all of Chris's siblings, parents, and some other family members and Chris manned the grill for all of the food with our friend Justin. They are quite a pair together. Matthew had a dreadful sleeping night so we were all pretty exhausted on Monday.

Our Labor Day consisted of driving home, having a barbecue meal complete with fresh veggies, taking Matthew to the playground, and finishing the week-end off with a trip to Rita's for ice cream. Pretty darn good way to end the summer, I'd say!!!

Back to routines on Tuesday and fun reality things like fighting insurance companies so Matthew's therapies are covered......that's a whole post of it's own, but I will just simply say it's ridiculous what hoops we have to jump through to get children and people everywhere the care that they need!!! Thankfully, I know the system from being a nurse - so that surely helps. But, you can never fight hard enough for your child, that's for sure!

Today was a VERY exciting day in our household! We traveled to our adoption agency and met with our social worker for part one of our home study. It was wonderful to meet Aimee and talk to her in person. All of our paperwork for the homestudy was submitted a few weeks ago, but this was the first afternoon Chris and I could cut out of word to make the 200 mile round trip drive:) Everything went great, but we definitely had nervous stomachs again this time around!!! As we were driving on the turnpike, we couldn't believe we are at the point where we are building our family again, so very cool! The social worker is coming to our house to finish the home study next week and then we should be able to apply for our I-800 immigration paperwork. The only frustrating piece of today was that Chris may have to get additional child abuse clearances from Maryland and Virginia where he was stationed years ago in the Navy due to the new Hague rules....that is annoying because we would have applied for those months ago like we did everything else we had to wait for!!! Oh well, it will all work out.

But, this is so very real. We are doing this again, and are going to be parents again! Wow!!! We know that God has already hand picked our child and we just need to be patient as His plan is laid out for us. We have been so very blessed with Matthew in our lives, and this is even more exciting taking this journey again with Matthew in our family this time. What fun it will be to go from a family of 3 to 4!!!

Enjoy some random pictures from our Labor Day week-end!
Oh, as an FYI - 2 years ago on this date Chris and I got our home study update physicals done for Matthew's adoption - crazy, huh????

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Regarding the processor/toilet incident and the brakes on the car ~ when it rains it pours...
(Still laughing a bit on the processor, only because we had a toothbrush in the dog dish this week).
I. am. so. excited! for you guys as you start this process again. Know that you are being bathed in prayer every step of the way!

Amy said...

oh, dear god. i remember that day. i'm SO glad you put it in rice..i told everyone to (because i had done it with cell phones in the past, lol) and they looked at me funny =P alas, it all worked out :)