

In life, "magical moments" can happy at any time, on any day, in any environment. We have learned that. Magical moments can come to you when you least expect it, and you have to savor each and every one. Our magical moments have ranged from Chris and I meeting at a children's cancer camp falling in love and getting married 16 months later in a huge snowstorm to seeing our son's picture for the very first time. Nothing can top the magical moment we had when we held Matthew in our arms for the very first time!!!
Since we have been so blessed to be Matthew's parents, life has been a roller coaster and we have had a lot of things thrown our way. 3 1/2 weeks after we became parents for the first time, we learned Matthew was deaf and had a multitude of other medical needs. Soon, it was 100+ doctor's appointments, therapies, 3 surgeries, many anesthesias......his life was changed in so many ways and what an array of magical moments we have experienced alongside Matthew - from his first smile, the first hugs and kisses he gave us, the contagious giggle that makes all bad go away we never knew our hearts were capable of loving this little person so very much.
We were blessed with the opportunity to spend some time as a family in Disney World last week. Family time without doctor's appointments, therapies, 2 preschools, schedules.........instead, Matthew had many magical moments at the "most magical place on earth." His reaction and smiles were unending with every little thing that we did. I plan on blogging about each day, and telling the most amazing story about a cast member with a cochlear implant that noticed Matthew and arranged for a surprise private character meeting for Matthew..........oh, and how Stitch signed to Matthew and Matthew and him had a loving conversation in sign language including please, thank you, love you, and friends. It was truly magical in so many ways......enjoy this snapshot of Matthew's magical moments over the past few days!
















8 comments:
Wow! I love how God puts people and circumstances in our life at just the right time! Even a Disney character that knows sign language. Truly a great story.
Your son is precious. Congratulations!
Blessings,
Jennifer
How wonderfully magical!
And what a precious little boy you have!
I thank God everyday for choosing Matthew to be a part of our family. Words cannot describe the magical moments I experienced with Matthew in Disney World. He is so precious. He has the best parents in the world and I am so proud and honored to be his mom mom. He is so very much loved and adored.
Mom Mom
How awesome! Can't wait to read all about it!
God is so GREAT!!!! What an amazing trip you guys must have had. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
I got chills as I read about the cast member who noticed Matthew and went out of his way to arrange a special meeting!
And oh, the pictures! That is joy radiating off your son's face!
Totally, totally amazing. So glad you got that experience together! You will all never forget it!
Kelly
Your post brought tears to my eyes. Having a hearing impaired child from China and knowing the struggles and challenges placed in her way, it IS huge that Stitch was signing to Matthew and that he got to have a private character meeting. Matthew is such a handsome boy!
Post a Comment