
OK, this will be a quick post but a VERY IMPORTANT post! At 6:55pm last night, we think Matthew said his first word! That's right - SAID HIS FIRST WORD AND IT WAS ELMO!!! We were in the living room, and Matthew brought us the Elmo DVD. We make him sign I want Elmo please before he can have it, and he was starting to sign it and then all of a sudden 2 syllables that definitely sounded like "Elmo" came out of his mouth. My Mom, who is with us for a few days, looked right at me whose jar was on the floor and Chris who was upstairs bolted down the steps screaming, "I heard that, he said Elmo!!!!" It was unbelievable and a moment that we will never ever forget. We got so excited and were cheering for him, and he attempted to say Elmo again!!! Obviously, tears of absolutely joy were had, and I think we were all shaking from the excitement - so much we almost forgot to put Elmo in the DVD player!
Once the DVD was in, Matthew was signing away and vocalizing like crazy with excitement from the DVD!
We are SO praying that this is the start of many words, and that Matthew is finally starting to learn that sound has meaning AND that he can use his voice to make sounds into words!!! He also has figured out that he doesn't like the sound in the beginning of movies where you kind of have a long crescendo of sound all at once, and he removes the magnet from his head, and holds it until the sound stops. Smart kid, huh?? And remember, Matthew's "hearing age" right now is about an 8 month old child.
Oh, I need to get to work, but I needed to share my excitement of this amazing moment for Matthew and our family!!! Wordless Wednesday is was certainly not in our house :)















3 comments:
Sweet little Elmo was one of the first recognized words in our house too. CONGRATULATIONS Matthew!
This is absolutely priceless Melissa! I don't have words to express how SWEET this is! So deeply happy for you all! Life is really turning around for your family--and it's all so derserving--mommy feels better, new baby on the way, and Matthew says his first word! Wow! Amazing indeed!
This is absolutely priceless Melissa! I don't have words to express how SWEET this is! So deeply happy for you all! Life is really turning around for your family--and it's all so derserving--mommy feels better, new baby on the way, and Matthew says his first word! Wow! Amazing indeed!
Post a Comment