Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: { Simply enjoying family life }










I think my favorite thing in the world to do is to spend time with my husband and our precious little guy Matthew. It really doesn't matter what we do together - it's all fun. Now, don't get me wrong - I have my share of moments, days, tears that happen and I have to dig deep and wrap my arms about life and the way I am supposed to be living my life. But, for the most part I try my hardest to be positive, upbeat, and to enjoy life no matter what it brings. Since we have to try and be introducing speech and sounds to Matthew every moment of the day - it can be stressful for all of us but we know how important it is for him.

In our house, we LOVE Mommy, Daddy, and Matty time whether it's playing with toys in the living room or outside, playing chasing games around the house, jumping on the bed together (yes, we do that on occasion!), coloring and reading books, loading the dishwasher together after making dinner, or snuggling on the couch watching a movie and dozing off together all snuggled into blankets.

This week-end was no different for us making the most of our family time together. We met after work on Friday and did some grocery shopping together, then we made a lovely dinner together complete with Matthew's help setting the table, we sat on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We then heard the ice cream truck and remembered it was the last Friday night of the summer that he would be making his rounds through the neighborhood so we handed Matthew his dollar bills and he knew exactly what was happening. He LOVES the ice cream truck guy - and it's not often we let him spend $2 on one ice cream bar - but the giggles and smiles are so worth it!

We then introduced Matthew to Hersheypark on Saturday(since we had FREE tickets!)and we were a little worried about how the day would go because we can't really communicate things that well in places like that - but it was so fun seeing his little eyes light up watching everything. He road a few rides, but most of all enjoyed riding in the stroller taking in all of the sights. He couldn't wear his processor the whole day because it was SO crowded and I think the noise scared him. What delight though that he showed just watching some of the big rides, and his little squeals were priceless!!! He also got to splash around for a bit in the wading pool which he loved and then it was snuuggle time with Mommy before a nap in the stroller.

We also walked a bit and he held both Chris and I's hands and we spent time swinging him, and then when we got home, Matthew was just SO delighted to be home with his Mommy and Daddy. He climbed on the couch and patted the seats next to him for us to sit with him....of course we obliged! He gives the tightest hugs, the best kisses, and the love that we share as a family is just so special. The simple things we do together are the best things......and we really do try to enjoy every moment together as a family that we have. So please enjoy some of our special family moments and smiles from our week-end!

Ni Hao Y'all

14 comments:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

What a sweet day! LOVE it when he "pats" the seat next to him for you to sit. My littles do that too and it melts my heart!
Nancy-Of the Crazy 8s

jessica ann said...

Those pictures are just darling- look at his face! Love it!

Stefanie said...

How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family!! It's the everyday things that create the most enduring childhood memories :)
Happy Sunday!

Sarah said...

I loved the way you captured the joy of each day!

Delighted to meet you as my first time with Snapshot SUnday. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a great spot to slip of my shoes and wade in goodness.

Splashin'
Sara

Dardi said...

There really isn't anything better than being with "your people"...glad you captured it in pictures!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great day! i love the photo of you guys air kissing cute!

Monica said...

Those are the moments you'll both always remember. It really doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive, does it?
Blessings,
Monica

Jenilee said...

looks like precious family time! I loved all of your pictures!

Unknown said...

Super cute pics, Melissa. :) I always love seeing your family pictures.
Kelly

Annie said...

Looks like a wonderful day:)

Susan said...

Those are wonderful pictures! Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time!

Kristi said...

Spending time with the family. There's just nothing better! Some people don't "get" that. I do my friend, I do!
Love the pictures of your sweet wee one enjoying a big day at Hershey. How I'd love to come do that with you...

Laurie said...

Loved all the new pictures- looks like a REALLY fun place. And I'm with you- just BEING together, no matter what you're doing is what counts!

Chris said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful day together!!!

Everyone looks so happy & content! :)