Easter morning, and a lollipop with Mom-Mom from his basket....what a mess!!!
Sharing eggs with Uncle Dave....
Throwing coins in the fountain at the mall!
Being at Mom-Mom's tired Matthew out!!!
Our future pianist....
Matthew hangin with his cousins Anna and Nicholas!
Wow...I have no idea once again where time has gone, but I can't let another day go by without posting some awesome pictures of my precious little guy. OK, here's the brief recap of what has gone on in the past week and a half....
We did go see the Easter bunny with Ryan...and Matthew was a little leary of the big furry bunny! Him and Ryan did well and we then had a nice dinner 0ut with Heather and Dan. Matthew did pretty well with his hearing aid, and didn't take it out until we were almost done with dinner. Daddy then had his first afternoon of baby-sitting with Matthew while I went to a friends' bridal shower, and he did really well I must admit. They had a nice lunch together, and played outside. It was pretty humorous when I got home and found Chris looking frantically around the backyard holding Matthew....the hearing aid had been lost but not to worry, we found it and Mommy knew where to look for it! We then went off to Chris's parents to surprise them for an overnight visit Saturday evening. It was a nice time and we got to see everyone from his family which was great. He got more presents from Uncle Nick from his birthday and it was his first overnight stay since we got back from China. Overall, he did pretty well - not much to compare it too since he's not a good sleeper anyway!
We did go see the Easter bunny with Ryan...and Matthew was a little leary of the big furry bunny! Him and Ryan did well and we then had a nice dinner 0ut with Heather and Dan. Matthew did pretty well with his hearing aid, and didn't take it out until we were almost done with dinner. Daddy then had his first afternoon of baby-sitting with Matthew while I went to a friends' bridal shower, and he did really well I must admit. They had a nice lunch together, and played outside. It was pretty humorous when I got home and found Chris looking frantically around the backyard holding Matthew....the hearing aid had been lost but not to worry, we found it and Mommy knew where to look for it! We then went off to Chris's parents to surprise them for an overnight visit Saturday evening. It was a nice time and we got to see everyone from his family which was great. He got more presents from Uncle Nick from his birthday and it was his first overnight stay since we got back from China. Overall, he did pretty well - not much to compare it too since he's not a good sleeper anyway!
Matthew and I then went to visit Mom-Mom for a few days early last week. It was a wonderful, restful time filled with rest, laughter, and just wonderful times with family. We missed Daddy lots and were happy to come home Wednesday and be waiting for him when he got home from work. But, there is nothing like spending time with your Mom - especially with all that has been going on lately....talk about overwhelming!
On Thursday, I had to do what every Mom dreads...drop Matthew off at daycare for a few hours so we could see how he did. He did better than I did, I sat in the parking lot and cried for about a half an hour before I could drive away. How could I leave my baby in the care of someone else??? That was so hard, and it felt like the longest 2 hours before I could go get him. I did some shopping, but I refused to drive too far from the daycare...just in case. When I picked him up, I just couldn't kiss him enough. And, the daycare staff had taken pictures of him throughout the 2 hours he was there for me. It was wonderful of them to do that. We got his second hearing aid then, and it was a little more difficult to keep TWO hearing aids in his ears...but we are working on it. Unfortunately, Chris and I haven't notices any difference in Matthew's hearing and that has us sad. But, those of you that know us know we won't ever lose HOPE!
Aunt Megs came on Friday night, and we had a great time together. Matthew adores her, and we did some shopping and had some great quality time together. Mom-Mom and Uncle Dave then came on Saturday night, and then we enjoyed a delightful Easter together on Sunday. It was way too cold for Easter though....yikes!
The dreaded day of going back to work came on Monday for me...........it was one of the toughest days of my life leaving Matthew for the day. But, I have a gem of a sister who is in medical school and was offered the week off since the doctor she works with was on vacation and SHE OFFERED TO SPEND THE WEEK WITH US AND WATCH MATTHEW! What a blessing that has been having her here - it has made the transition so much easier for Matthew and Chris and I. She has sent me emails with pictures of Matthew through the day, and it's just awesome to have her here. Matthew will be so sad when she leaves tomorrow night - but I think Chris and I might be just as sad if not more! It's so awesome to have an unbelievably close relationship with your family...I couldn't imagine life any different.
OK, so I am struggling with keeping all of Matthew's appointments straight as well as figuring out how to work and continue to be the best nurse I can to my patients, how to be a good Mom to Matthew and give him all he needs, and to be a good wife to Chris. It's hard to figure it all out, and things are just beginning with the needs that Matthew will have to help with his hearing. Next week is a tough week, surgery Tuesday, MRI and CT scan with anesthesia on Wednesday, and pediatrician appt. with shots on Friday!!! The following week we go see the cochlear implant specialists, the ENT doctor, and we haven't even gotten his official early intervention therapy schedule yet!!! Please just continue to pray that we can figure all of this out, and that I can work through the guilt I am feeling as I have had to go back to work and leaving Matthew during the day.
Enjoy the newest pictures....I have taken so many, it's hard to just pick my favorites but I will try to catch up with some fun ones!!!!
Throwing coins in the fountain...and look what Mom-Mom's cooking did to Matthew!!!!!















6 comments:
What fun to see updates tonight. GREAT pictures!! My only advice (although tough to follow) is to take it one appointment at a time. When life overwhelms, just do the NEXT THING.
Melissa!! So good to see an update! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I hadn't heard from you--and now I know why--you've been crazy, insane busy! Wow! So much happening. I'm so glad to hear you could get out of town and spend some time with your mom. Sometimes a change of scenery gives you a whole new boost of energy and attitude. It does for me. And always--talking and hangin' with my mom helps heal all! So...yeah. This little guy couldn't be more precious--seriously--but what is equally precious is your love for him. I was so touched picturing you sitting in the parking lot outside his daycare. And then showering him with kisses and lovin' when you saw him...I''m sure it was a very emotional day.
Good to see things are moving along. I will continue to pray for progress on his hearing and for comfort to you and Chris throughout this journey.
Love,
Lisa A
I just loved seeing the updated pics and videos of Matthew! He sure is working his way into everyone's hearts, isn't he? Your family seem so taken with him. What a blessing that he's got so many people who love him. Thanks for updating.
Love,
Petrie
That picture of Nicholas, Matthew and I is definitely a keepsake. Hope you Easter was good! Haha, I had fun with Uncle Chris of course. He behaved for the most part =] But, anyways never lose hope that's for sure. Everything always works out. Love youu!
I'm so glad you are finding time to post in the midst of your crazy schedule. It will be so good for you to look back on it all when life settles into a new normal...it's just going to take some time to get to that normal.
I love the highchair sleeping video...too cute!!
I do believe that with each post somehow Matthew gets cuter and cuter! I really think a child changes the way they look a little when they begin to fully understand what it means to be loved by a family!
I can only imagine how hard it was for you to leave Matthew for the first full day of work. What a blessing for you to have had your sister to help all of you transition.
Post a Comment