Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Come on TA!


I know I probably posted these pictures before, but see Matthew, we are so ready for you to come home!!!







OK, I am not going to lie and say we are going crazy waiting for this travel approval! We KNOW we won't be traveling now until after Chinese New Year, but I think we just really need a date to focus on at this point. Chris and I just can't stop thinking about wanted to have Matthew in our arms, and begin the next part of this journey! It feels like forever since we saw his picture for the first time back in August, and are just dying to get across the world to him....wow, is this hard!!!!
Our 4 weeks to travel approval is today, our agency had said 2-4 weeks - so we should have known we would be on the longer side of things. I did read somewhere where travel approvals could take up to 6 weeks now, please pray that is not the case for us! All we want is to be parents and bring our Matthew home!!!
We did go through all of paperwork last night and start making lists for our trip - it turned into a FOUR page list! So, I sent it off to my Mom and sister to look at! Wow, was it overwhelming! Chris was amusing as he put learn to use chopsticks on our list since we both really aren't that great at using them! So, if anyone has pointers, let us know!!! I think we will need to get practicing SOON!
Please say a special prayer for a dear adoption friend who is flying out tomorrow to get her daughter. It is unknown what her medical condition will be like - so please pray for their safe journey, and a safe journey home!
Hopefully, the next post will be - WE ARE HEADED TO CHINA!!!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Have you gotten the chopstick helpers from Pei Wei? My kids love them and I think they help you get the motions down...
If you want me to take a look at your list I'd be happy to give any input!

Lisa A : Izabella said...

Awww..very sweet pics...you guys are going to be the best mom and dad. hmmmm that must sound good when you read that eh? I'll be praying it comes soon!

As far as chopsticks--the only tips I have are "use" them...it gets easier the more you do so. AND a little tip I got (somewhere..don't remember where) is to keep the bottom stick stationery, and move the top stick down to grab things with. Sort of like when you move your index finger to your thumb, the thumb isn't stationery...but more so than the index finger...ok now I've just confused you more. oh well...it's fun. I actually prefer to use chopsticks now...for chinese food. My husband always gets a kick out of it--cause he can't use them very well either. :)

Hang in there--busy yourself with putting the suitcase together. From what I hear that list is a VERY long list...and keeping the luggage under 50lbs is tough too. :) But oh so fun...

Lisa A

Laurie said...

I sure hope you don't have to wait 6 weeks- that would be torture!! I pray it will come SOON!!

Lisa said...

I'll be praying for your traveling friend. That has to be rough.

And praying for you too! The room you have prepaired for Matthew is adorable. He is one blessed Little Man! An you will be a very blessed family!

You could try my 11 year olds favorite when it comes to the chopsticks...use them to eat cheerioes!