Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In a split second...

I sit here writing tonight and am so thankful for all of the amazing people in my life and for my friends and family that are always there to continuously see me through difficult moments in my life. I am also so thankful that God kept my husband safe tonight and that he is up in bed right now sleeping. He was in a car accident on his way home from work tonight. He was about 1/2 mile away from our house and someone blew a stop side and hit him. Thankfully, he was driving the Xterra which could sustain a bit more than the car. However, it is no longer driveable since the driver door can't open and there is so much damage to the driver side front end. Thankfully, he is OK and is just sore from the impact and his seatbelt restricting him so fast. I gave him some Advil right after the accident and will probably wake him up in a little to give him some more. Our dear friend Heather came over tonight and we all went to dinner for a well needed little distraction on all of our lives - Friendly's did the trick! So thankful for her in our lives - came right over immediately, and we didn't even ask her to. She always knows what to do.

It's amazing though, how life can truly change in a split second. I learned that when my Dad died, when my Mom's hospital accident occurred, when my best friend lost her fiance and then her very best friend, and many other times. But it sure does make you think about how you need to treasure those around you, and treasure every minute you have with them. Chris is my best friend and my life partner and I don't know what I would do without him. I love him so much, and am just so glad he is content sleeping as I type this to you.

Everyone also has their "person" that helps them through difficult times in their lives and mine tends to always be my sister. When I talk to her I can let emotions out and see life the way it needs to be seen, not just in the emotional state I may be in. I love her for that. And, I can't help but thank Mom too - for letting me call you in a panic, hang up on you, then call you back and tell you everything's OK. Love you all so much.

4 comments:

Petrie said...

Yikes! Melissa, you didn't mention the accident on the group! I'm glad to hear Chris is doing fine. And I praise God it wasn't worse. Hope things go smoothly with the insurance. Again, Thank you Lord!

Petrie

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa-

Checking up to see how things were going and I came across this website. I'm so happy for you to know that you are going to be getting a little boy. That is wonderful. Sorry to hear about Chris. I drove by the house today and saw the car was banged up. I'm glad everything is ok. Please keep in touch I think of you guys often. We're praying for you and your little one. Love,

Doug, Wendy, Alexis and Johnathan

Kristi said...

Praising God with you that Chris is okay!

Unknown said...

Woah. It is crazy how your perspective on things can change so quickly in a crisis like this. So glad that he's okay. Guess you will hug him a little tighter now, huh?
Kelly