Monday, November 17, 2008

Anxious, anxious, and more anxious...


OK, so this post is going to be like a little vent session but I have to get it out there. Chris and I are really struggling with this whole waiting thing for our letter of acceptance. Our 10 weeks were up on Friday, and we were really praying that the call would have come on Friday that our letter had arrived. Each day that goes by is so much harder than the day prior as we just want to know that Matthew is going to be ours and that we are going to be able to go get him SOON! At this point, we are just praying for the letter to come this week so we can plan on a January trip to China.


It is amazing to me that the first 8 weeks after we received the preliminary approval FLEW BY and I don't think we had near this much anxiety and nervous energy. Every time our phone rings, we get crazy emotions running through and we are just so wanting it to be Addie from our agency giving us the greatest news of our lives! Chris and I are blessed in our marriage that we are able to talk about our emotions and that we are both sharing the same fears, excitement, etc. I guess we kept ourselves so busy for those first 8 weeks that we just dove into Matthew's room and getting ready. Now his room is ready, and we need to start planning for our trip to China. We can't do that until we receive our letter.


We know lots of people know what these emotions are like and we are so thankful for our "online adoption friends" that have helped me feel OK about all the things I am feeling. If you get a chance, say a prayer that this letter will come soon so we can start packing for the trip of our lives!!!
See this map on this post - that's where we want to be REALLY SOON picking up Matthew! First stop Beijing to get him, then off to Guangzhou to make him a U.S. Citizen!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I feel for you, I really do. BTDT- the worst wait ever!! Really nice picture of you and Chris, by the way! :)

Kristi said...

Chin up! Hang in there, when you least expect it RA will arrive and then when you meet him that wait will melt into the past! Trust me, I know...
I'm praying for you as you continue to wait though!