


















Is it really May 31, 2011? Was it really over 90 degrees and sweltering hot these past 2 days? Did last week really happen including insanely scary storms, losing power all night into the next morning? Were we really wrapped in each others' arms huddled in the basement praying for our home to just stay put and everyone stay safe??? The best part of the Mommy/Daddy/Matty hug was Matthew putting our backs telling us in his own way that everything was going to be ok.(Yet another reason we love him to very much!) So that was Thursday, and then Friday was also the day that Chris's truck officially kicked the bucket :( We had already sunk close to $3000 into it since January and it wasn't running any better and was officially stuck at the Nissan dealership as of the end of the day Friday. Didn't it know that we should be leaving for China in the next month and that the timing was just all wrong??? Bummer...
So....our plan for the week-end was getting some cleaning done in the morning on Saturday and start making plans for packing, making lists, organizing, packing, etc - you know, getting stuff ready for China! We didn't quite do that! However, sometimes the best plans are made to be changed around, right? Mom and Davey got here soon after we were cleaning and cooking, then it was time for a visit. Of course Matthew was delighted to see them, and the playtime started...and carried right through until Monday afternoon when they had to leave.
We were stressed on Saturday due to the truck issue, but Chris and Dave had some fun mini-golfing and we all met for some dinner out which was nice. Matthew wasn't on his BEST behavior and we weren't sure WHAT was wrong...but we think we figured it out when we were leaving the diner. Chris and Justin had taken Matthew to a McDonald's play area ONE time for ice cream and play time - and it was right next to the diner. So, we think Matthew was trying to leave the diner because he wanted to go accross the parking lot for some ice cream and play time....his memory amazes us for sure! But, it sure would have been nice to know what he wanted at the time. I don't even remember what I ordered to eat - I felt like everyone in the whole place was looking at us!!! Anyone ever have one of those dinners out? Oh well, he was then fine after we got him home.
Sunday we had a delightful cookout in the afternoon, then Chris and I went for a ride looking at car dealerships, researching things on the internet, panicking a little, but yet it was a good day! We went to bed way too late (don't know what it is when that Mom-Mom comes but everyone stays up late when she's here :)
Mom-Mom saved the day on Monday as she wasn't planning on staying past the morning, but offered to watch Matty while Chris and I went on a car trek. Did I mention that this was NOT in our plan OR in our China budget? Yes, the whole situation stinks, but what are you going to do? Chris and I both work full time on opposite ends of the area and I have to run Matthew to therapy appts, etc. So, it had to be done. And we need reliable and safe transportation for soon to be 2 little ones...I'm so thankful I have a smart husband who can work a deal like the best of them...as many times I was stressed and frustrated over the week-end(oh, and we both WERE no doubt upset and irritable) I'm glad that piece of the puzzle is put together.
After Mom-Mom and Uncle Dave left in the afternoon, we had to distract Matthew to get him to not be completely distressed about her leaving - and he headed to one of his favorite places of the summer - across the street to Mr. Bob's swimming pool! Oh the squeals of excitement and giggles that took place in those next few hours...he was a happy little boy in that pool with his "big brother and big sister" and favorite Mr. Bob! He must have swam for 3 hours, and only got out of the pool when he was Mr. Bob carrying a little tin foil wrapped container from the grill...and Matthew aka "LM" to Mr. Bob indeed had his own little packet of his special potatoes him and Miss Peggy make for him. He got out of his wet bathing suit, got a dry swim diaper on and signed "all done" to all of us and headed for the gate. He was exhausted. Asleep by 730pm!!! If that only lasted through the night instead of a wake-up at 1, 2, 3-6 with him finally going back to sleep at 6am, then it would have been a PERFECT end of the week-end :)
Oh, I am sure no sleep is in the cards for plenty of days coming up anyway! Good thing I am still used to it after 2 years.
Have I mentioned that we are JUST awaiting travel approval (which should come in the next 1-2 weeks) and then we can BOOK travel to CHINA for Hope!!!! In some ways, this is all feels like forever since we have seen her picture but in other ways, time has FLOWN by! We have lots to do in the meantime to finish getting ready!!! For now, just enjoy some of Matthew's fun moments over the week-end!















1 comment:
"Anyone ever have one of those dinners out?" ~ Um yeah. Several actually. Hugs to ya, but life moves on. :)
So sorry about the car. I know about unexpected bills cropping up. But I also know that God has you and this entire situation in His back pocket. And that is a good place to be. I'll be praying that He reveals Himself to you big time during this stressful financial time!
Love the pool shots. We're itching to get to the pool now that it has opened ourselves.
Post a Comment