Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: {She takes our breath away!}



It's been a week around here, one of those weeks that are tough...and even tougher when they are related to your child and what they are going through. I will do a separate post later on our experiences with a developmental pediatrician and the "labels" that were created once again from someone who has never met Matthew or us - or have any clue about the amazing, intelligent, and incredibly social little guy that he is. We also had Matthew's IEP meeting this week, and Chris and I have gone from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other in a week. But, you know what? On March 17th, 2009 we were told Matthew was deaf - devastating news at the time, and on March 17th, 2011 we were told we may need to "give up" on the therapies and assume Matthew may never talk. If we listened to what all of the "experts" said, we wouldn't be where we are today....so we took the stuff in, we cried, we got mad, we rofocused, and we will continue the fight and doing exactly what we are going to do because Matthew is doing an amazing job and he IS communicating and trying desperately to talk and we will NEVER give up! (I will also be sharing an amazing email we received Friday morning from his daycare teachers that was one of the most precious letters we've ever read!)

We were lucky enough to have my Mom and brother come up this week-end to play with Matthew so CHris and I could finish painting and re-doing our bedroom.(AND, celebrate my brother's birthday which was so fun!) She had given us a new comforter set, curtains, and money towards paint for Christmas because she knows we would never spend money on that stuff for ourselves. No doubt it's been a huge project with the cute little helper we have, so it was amazing how much quicker things moved yesterday with him playing happily downstairs!

When we covered in paint, I happened to pick up my phone and saw an email that said "Updated Pictures." Of course I couldn't open it on my phone, so we ran downstairs all excited, opened the laptop in the living room with Mom, Chris, David, Matthew and I all together and found these precious pictures of our Hope!!! She is the most beautiful little girl we have ever laid eyes on, she truly takes our breath away. She looks so healthy, well taken care of - and oh, how are hearts ache to just be able to go get her. We are on Day 24 of our wait for LOA - bummer :(

Isn't she precious????


Yep, she takes our breath away just like Matthew does everytime we look at him. We want to kiss those cheeks, and hair bows? That's a Mommy's dream come true!!!!

9 comments:

Joy said...

She is such a sweetheart. I am sure you are so anxious to go and get her. Just think-next year at this time she will running all over with Matthew and you will be buying Easter dresses and preparing Easter baskets for two.

Unknown said...

Both of your babies are absolutely breath taking and perfect in everyway -- perfectly knit together by their Maker and the Lord of the universe. So thankful that He has sustained you thus far and will continue to equip you to parent both of the children He has placed in your family!

For The Love of Four Chinasprouts said...

She does take your breath away. She is priceless!

DawnS said...

Beautiful babies and such kissable cheeks!! :)

Kim said...

She is beautiful indeed. You are amazing mom-Matthew and Hope are blessed. Can't wait to follow your journey to China!
Kim

Laurie said...

Updated pictures are the BEST, aren't they? But you're right, they do make waiting even more difficult, if that's even possible. You are going to have a LOT of fun bow shopping!! :)

Mom Mom said...

Mom Mom can't wait to meet you Hope. You are absolutely so beautiful and precious. You have a fantastic mommy, daddy and big brother and a beautiful home waiting for you. I am so looking forward to being your mom mom. Matthew, you and I will have so much fun together. I love you.

Kristi said...

Oh how I understand the counting! She is DARLING and I know you can't wait to have her home in your arms.

You know something that occurred to me as I read this post concerning Matthew? How blessed he is that God selected you to be his mother! Where others may have already given up, you are still his biggest cheerleader. You were made to be his mommy!

Lisa A said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this post! I read it--I know I did--must have read it on my phone--and I'm a terrible text'r. So....I apologize.

Of course I keep up with you and your precious family. I don't want to miss anything!

OK--she is seriously precious!!! Clearly well cared for as well--which must bring your mommy heart some much needed comfort--you're so blessed.

Soooo very excited about this journey for you all!

Come on paperwork--move along at God's speed!