This morning my body did not want to get up, no doubt about that. After a completely sleepless night like Saturday night, the reality of exhaustion usually sets in the day after.....hence this morning. It took so much to get moving today.....but I got some more energy as the day went on....
After work, I went to pick Matthew up and truly this is one of my favorite parts of the day. I love seeing him get so excited when he sees me pull up, and I love those tight hugs. Forget me talking to the teachers, he is READY to get out of there, in the car, and home!!! Well, today in his cubby sat a little brown bag marked "Matthew's Mommy." It was from his preschool class....and since I stink at surprises and having to wait to open things, I quickly opened the bag and peeked in. It was a planted marigold with Matthew's name and picture in it. I got so emotional just with the bag titled Matthew's Mommy - it made me smile so much. And smile even more to think his little hands helped plant this little flower for me!
So yes, it is a little thing, but it meant so much to this lady, AKA Matthew's Mommy:) Hope your Monday brought you some smiles too.















2 comments:
Leave it to preschool teachers to find something to make us tear up...
Precious!
Sooooo SWEET Melissa! I can only imagine that sweet little package meant so much!
Post a Comment