Well, this will be a quick update, but I wanted to be sure to thank everyone for your prayers, emails and ongoing support! Friday was a VERY long day, and one I don't really want to think about very often.....
The doctor was extremely backed up, so I got more and more anxious sitting there waiting to get done, thankfully my Mom was there next to me to help pass the time. There's nothing worse than being freezing cold just WAITING in a hospital gown!!! The sedation that they had me scheduled for was completely inappropriate for the procedure that I was having done. The short side of the story was I felt everything and it didn't work.......talk about a double bummer:( At least if I went through that, my bowel could have at least responded!!! So, I now have to have 4 more procedures done to try and continue to fix the stricture. Needless to say, I am scared to death. But, I will be under general anesthesia for the rest of the procedures......so, now I wait for the dates, and further instructions...bleh. Each procedure is just so risky and they scare me to death, but I just have to trust and be patient. (Sometimes easier said than done....)
My Mom and brother stayed until Sunday morning which was was wonderful. I had severe pain on Friday night, felt a little better Saturday afternoon, but then felt like I was hit by a bus on Sunday. Saturday, we got out for a little bit and took Matthew to Chocolate World which he LOVED, and then we went out for a late lunch/early dinner and Matthew got a treat - mozarella sticks!!! We then had a delightful evening watching all of our videos from our China trip and our Christmas videos.....oh, was the fun! It's so hard to believe we are coming up on our year mark from Gotcha Day real soon!
Matthew also got to donate his first dollar to the Penn State students who were canning this week-end raising money for THON, which benefits the Four Diamonds Fund and the patients and families I take care of with cancer. This was extremely exciting for me to have Matthew a part of this with his Daddy being a cancer survivor and me being a nurse specialist....we cannot wait to take him to THON in State College this February.
Tonight, Matthew was full of giggles and laughter.....his smile just lights up a room, and makes all of the bad stuff go away!!!! Seriously, could he be any cuter?????















4 comments:
He is so adorable!! I'm sorry things didn't go well and I'll be praying for your next four procedures. Trust ans wait...yep, not so easy but I'll be praying.
NO, he could NOT be any cuter! I really do think he looks so much older than Aaron! Size wise- thanks for offering the clothes, but I think we've moved up to 24 months for sure with a few 2T's thrown in. Yeah! Growth is awesome, especially for our little guys. :) You know you're in my prayers, friend!
That bathtime picture of his smile is priceless! I really hope that we can end up somehow meeting this summer!
I'm praying for you every day my friend. Looking forward to seeing God glorified in your health problems!
No, he could not be any cuter!!! So sorry you have to go through more..praying for you my friend!!
Post a Comment