Sunday, October 5, 2008

AMAZING WEEK-END!!!


Wow – where to start blogging in regards to this week-end….it was just amazing and that is the best way I can describe it! On Thursday evening, Chris and I went to our friends’ open house at their new workplace Pediatria and it was just a lovely evening. What a great place for children with special medical needs to come for the day to be carded for so that their parents can work during the day. We are praying for this place to take off and be so successful! Way to go Heather and Jen for your hard work!
Chris and I then went home and began packing for my Mom’s. In our bags, we packed important paperwork that we needed to finish for our financial loan information, the registry information, and lots of other lists/things to do that we needed help organizing! We left for Mom’s Friday night after work. I had a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon, so we didn’t actually get on the road until after 5:30pm. My sister Megan was actually home for the week-end too, so that was a great addition to the week-end. We ordered incredible cheesesteaks and pizza for dinner and just hung out for the night! We had birthday cake and I got to continue my birthday celebration!
On Saturday, I awoke early to the smells of cookies baking! Mom baked ice cream cookies and chocolate chip cookies and there is nothing like the smell of baking in the morning! Megan also had made pumpkin whoopee pies and zucchini pineapple bread - I had no idea she was such a great baker!!! Chris took my brother out to breakfast which he loves to do, and then they went out in search of a computer desk from Big Lots he had his eye on. His parents had given him a gift certificate to Staples for Christmas last year for a desk and he has been in search of the perfect one – but this one at Big Lots caught his eye so he went and bought it! He couldn’t resist the deal! We can now use the Staples gift card towards our laptop computer so we can communicate in China!!! When he and David got home, the desk was so heavy the car was sinking down in the back – it was a sight!
Mom, Megan, and I then made the trip to Babies R Us to work on the registry and it was great fun! We went up and down every single aisle and each one of us picked different items we thought would be great for Matthew! I couldn’t believe I was out with my Mom and my sister shopping for my SON!!! We were really planning for Matthew – this was a dream come true! I had a blast looking at strollers, car seats, and toys that Matthew could play with!!! Is it time to go get him yet????This is just so much fun! I did buy a mattress for Matthew’s crib and Megan had to sit in the backseat with it the whole way home!!!
We all had a late lunch together at the house, and then made a family trip to Target!!! That is a Stobart thing to do, and the tradition started years ago! This time, Chris and I decided to register for a few additional items here (some important travel items and a few little things) and we put David in charge of the scanning gun! He was so thrilled to be a part of everything, and his experience with scanning at the grocery store helped so much! Uncle Dave picked some cool things for Matthew too! We also bought Matthew a pair of sneakers and I must admit they are just too precious!
We were all very tired when we got home, so we just relaxed watching a movie and snacking on taco dip! Megan, Chris, and I stayed up until almost 1am – and Chris and I made the plan to get up early to get things accomplished! When we got up, Mom was already back in her office looking through our financial paperwork for our loan and starting our to-do list! Chris and I had decided to go to Lowe’s in Delaware to get our paint so we headed off to do that and we ended up with the paint and a ceiling fan for Matthew’s room! We are SO READY to get started making that room HIS!
At home, we helped empty out Mom’s dining room since she was having painters come and paint on Monday. It was a very emotional time for her because Dad and her designed that room together many years ago – hard to imagine anything different.
By the time we left Mom’s, we had our financial paperwork done and ready to be sent back, letters done and ready to be mailed for 2 other people that needed to be done, a very thorough (thanks to megan and mom) to-do list for the week, a car full of paint and fun things for Matthew’s room, as well as a new computer desk for the basement!!!! We also had very peaceful hearts because of the wonderful family time spent together. We couldn’t have asked for a better week-end.
Next mission – Matthew’s room this week!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definately sounds like a perfect weekend! Make sure you post lots of pics of Matthew's room!
Wendi & Ashlynn