Well, we have some good news! Matthe w had his MRI of his brain today and it was STABLE! That is a HUGE blessing as we have experienced such an increase in his episodes lately that we were really worried we would have seen disease progression, and we certainly weren't prepared to learn that!!
Matthew did awesome not eating or drinking this morning, and I can thank my wonderful co-workers for that! I brought Matthew to work with me so I could get a couple of hours of work in before the MRI, and they did a great job distracting him and keeping him busy! From rides on the carts with the girls to playing with one of the doctors' random toys - he was kept well occupied so that the time flew before we went to radiology!
We had a bit of a wait there but he was greeted by his friend Penny who took him away to find stickers, he got to pet a seeing eye service dog, and Mommy had packed his DVD player and he was content watching Veggie Tales until they took him back. I don't think anything can ever prepare you for putting your child under anesthesia.....they have me hold him while they give him the gas through a mask and I HATE that feeling of him going limp in my arms. I started to cry and the poor anesthesiologist kept asking me if I was OK....I got in the hall and got myself together after saying a prayer........and got back into strong Mommy mode!
Once we got home, Matthew slept the anesthesia off for a while, but he's now playing with his cars waiting for his Daddy to get home. Matthew has the most amazing pediatrician who just called me with the MRI results and we are so lucky and blessed to have her caring for Matthew. As she was reading the MRI report to me over the phone - I still can't believe that Matthew's brain is covered with this white matter disease in all lobes of his brain and that he has 2 cysts in both temporal lobes of his brain. He is truly our MIRACLE child, and will always be our MIRACLE child! We are so blessed and thankful that his test results don't match the way that he is!!! So blessed!!!! STABLE is a huge answered prayer!!!!!!
We now are looking forward to the week-end, and to the big implant surgery on Tuesday!!! Hopefully we will have fun week-end pictures to post! Thanks for the kind thoughts, words, and prayers!!!















5 comments:
Praise God that he is stable!
I'm praying that you, Chris and Matthew enjoy a blessed weekend together!
Oh, and don't apologize about the bottle ~ that poor baby has been through so much! You use it whenever you want!
Yeah!!! Praising God right along with you!!!!!!
So glad it went okay and the results were so good! God's hand is on this boy. :)
Kelly
Melissa this is wonderful news! Answer to prayer for sure--miracles come in all sizes..this is one of those--miracles that is! YEAH..finally there is some good news! Praying Tuesday's implant surgery goes well.
AND PS he gets cuter by the day!
HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND as a family--you sooo deserve it my friend.
Praise God! What great news!
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment