We have good news! I got a call from Dr. K's office today scheduling Matthew for his cochlear implant pre-op visit, and we have a HOLD DATE for his surgery!!!! Oh, are we so happy about this!!!
So, next week we head to CHOP on the 12th to see the doctor and sign consents! Then we have a temporary surgery date of October 13th!!!! He has his urology surgery scheduled for Sept. 2nd, so that would be perfect timing especially getting the implant surgery done in October. We would activate his implant in November, and he may be able to hear some sounds before Christmas!!!!!!
Oh, I think all of the prayers were heard for something wonderful to happen!!! Thank you so much for you well wishes and happy thoughts! At least now, we are on track for SOMETHING positive! The rest of the stuff, well.........we will continue to take one day at a time but this is MAJOR celebration news!!!!
And, here's a little video my sister sent me last night to make me smile.......oh, my precious boy!
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago















5 comments:
I'm praying that this kind of news is the new trend for you guys!
Great news and a great video! Love his laughter!
Ditto what Kristi said!! Don't be surprised if your blog hits go up---I've got a LOT of people praying for you guys! It's SO great to hear some good news!!
So thrilled to hear the great news.
Missed my little buddy while I was up north with my dad.
Its been a while since I have read your blogs. Sorry this is so late to post anything, but I have worked with kids with cochlear implants and their is so much success now. It is so exciting to see their face when their can hear for the first time. All three of you are in my prayers. Love ya
Post a Comment