Well, it's Monday I can honestly say I am so ready for Spring! It was a very chilly week-end for being Spring already....Chris worked out in the garage on Saturday and Matthew and I tackled the inside. I have a new cleaning partner, and I think I am going to have to get used to a new definition of clean when I have a little helper :) Chris's sister Cheryl and brother in law Dale, and cousin Nicholas came for a visit Saturday afternoon and evening. Matthew always enjoys company, and Nicholas really adores him! They played outisde, but only for a little bit because it was so cold! Matthew got an early birthday present from them and he loves his new bath toy and book. Mommy and Daddy also got a present of a new digital photo printer which was a nice surprise! We sure have taken a long of pictures, but don't have them printed and in albums yet. We really do need to do that while everything is still fresh in our heads!
Sunday it got a little bit warmer in the mid 50's and we were able to get outside and take Matthew to his first playground in the U.S. with Heather and Dan and their precious little Ryan. It's amazing how much more fun it is to be outside with a little one! Matthew just loved being at the playground and squealed with excitement going down the sliding boards and then on a swing for the first time. We must have stood there and pushed him for almost an hour. His giggle and laugh is just so precious and he was so happy and excited to be in the swing! By the end of his swingtime, he was actually falling asleep in the swing - maybe I will have to get a big swing for bedtime :) Just kidding....
Chris also got to fly his remote controlled airplane with Matthew that he got for his birthday over 2 years ago....I can still see Heather running with it trying to get it to go, but the wind was kicking up too much. Chris and Matthew then got the hang of it, and I loved watching Matthew grab Chris's hand to go get the plane after it came down and do it again. He is always in such awe of new things, and it's so neat to watch things through his eyes.
We had a lovely dinner together on the grill, and Matthew was helping take care of Ryan by taking him his binky, blanket, and playing with him when he was in the activity saucer....was very precious to watch the 2 of them interact. Matthew definitely tries to take care of everyone!
Speaking of taking care of people, we think he sensed how nervous his Mommy and Daddy were today because he was very clingy and full of hugs for the both of us - me all day, and Chris since he has been home from work. We are so nervous about his big hearing tests tomorrow, but Matthew has helped bring peace to our hearts today.
We have to be there at 0730 tomorrow morning, and I am supposed to bring things to keep Matthew occupied for at least 2 hours. So, I have lots of different snacks packed, his favorite books, his links, and his beloved Elmo DVD. Please pray that Matthew will not be scared tomorrow and will cooperate for the staff. Please pray for me to remain calm as his Mommy and not to let him sense how truly stressed I really feel. Please also pray for Chris as he will need to try to stay focused at work tomorrow while we are at the testing. And, lastly please pray that we will find out what the problem is and that we can soon have a plan. We have allowed ourselves a lot of grace this past week and are trying really hard to remain faithful and trusting, but it is still heartbreaking for us.















10 comments:
I will pray--let us know the results.
It is good to see those HUGE smiles..I love it. Makes my day! I'm praying for you and the test tomorrow. Thinking of you a lot--praying as much. Lisa A
You will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight- I'll check back with you tomorrow to see how things went.
Matthew is so precious on the swing! I totally relate to how much more fun being outside is with a toddler along!
I'll be praying for you in the morning.
Y'all will be on my heart and in my prayers tomorrow. More importantly God will be with you...none of this has caught him by surprise. He's got you all!
Love those park pictures!!! Too fun!!!
My dear sweet Melissa--isn't that a song? It's a cool song too! I'm thinking of you today--hope all is going well and pray that the results are in the miracle category. I believe--if not that he gives you the strength and courage you need. I can't tell you how you and Chris have touched my life and our journey. I am regularly inspired by you even before you brought Matthew home. And more so since. You're an amazing couple--and I have nominated you for a sisterhood award. When you have minute check out my blog. Until then, praying, praying, praying for you.
I just wanted to check back and take a peak at that top photo! It's such an amazing family photo! So precious!
I love these pictures and I'm so glad I got to teach Matthew how to stick his tongue out at his mommy over skype tonight :-)
I can't wait to see you all this weekend! This whole becoming a doctor thing is getting old, I wanna play with my nephew!!
Melissa- I am praying! Keep giving it to God... over and over! Matthew is in His hands.
-Jenn
It's Party Weekend!!!
Maybe we'll get some nice weather :)
Post a Comment